How this works:
- Choose one of your strongest works from the semester to include in the show. One work per class from current semester
- Bring your work to class next Tues. 5/2
- Come as a class to the big SoA Gallery
- receive some basic advice from me and install the work yourself
- Attend the opening reception (food/snacks provided)
- The school will be awarding $600 from Jack and Dora Tippens to support a promising artist. Winners will be announced during the show
- Take work home at the conclusion, work must be down that weekend.
Some important info:
- Clean up the work for presentation (smudges, laying flat, etc.)
- Properly label the work (submission forms, and labels available at gallery next week)
- Hang work professionally – level and straight (levels, tape measures, pins, clips, available at gallery)
- Evenly space adjacent work for consistency and continuity
- Evaluate and make changes to groupings as a whole for visual appeal
Opening reception will be held next Wednesday, May 3, 5-7pm.